Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Onion fish fry


I learned this dish from my hubby. After coming to the USA one day my hubby asked me to fry fish with onion, but I didn’t know how to do that? One day he cooked onion fish fry, which was awesome. After that sometimes I use to cook that, especially after coming back home after a long day. It won’t take much time to do, yet it is a very tasty dish. I don’t cook it often, because it needs lots of oil. As a health- conscious person I always try to cook with less oil. However, sometimes tongue longs to have something lips smacking. Anyway, few months ago, I had some fish head and tails were left in my refrigerator. I couldn’t think about cooking anything else. So I decided to cook onion –fish fry.

 

Ingredients:

Fish (4-5 piece)

1 large onion

1 large tomato

Pinch of turmeric

Pinch of five spices (paanch-phoron)

Salt to taste

Oil for frying

Method:

Wash the pieces of fish with water. Smear them with salt and turmeric. Finely slice the onion and tomato.  Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom wok. Once it’s smoking hot the fry the pieces of the fish until golden brown. If you need add more oil, here you need use oil generously. Keep the aside. In the rest of the oil add five-spices (paanch phoron). When they start crackle add onion and tomato, and Sauté for few minutes. Then add the fish. Fry until tomato and onion become tender. Serve with rice.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hum! Yummy! Thanks for this recipe! I'm not a good cook but I think this dish won't be too difficult for me!
    I sometimes do the same king of dish but instead of fish, I use chicken and I add eggplants and courgettes. I add garlik too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an accomplished cook. Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete