Monday, November 7, 2011

Salads

Suddenly one morning I felt that I needed to change in my eating habit. I thought to add some extra healthy items. I put the proposal of eating salad to my hubby, but, he dampened my spirit within a moment. So, I decided to very, very healthy salads in my lunch. I felt very happy after introducing this change in my eating habit.
I’m sharing some of the recipes of salads
Avocado-Sprout salad:
Avocado is a vitamin reached food help to control cholesterol. When both avocado and sprouts are already tasty, then there is no need to add any spice to make it tasty.
Ingredients:
avocado 1
tomato 1
sprouts 1/2 cup
salt to taste
1/4 tsp. black pepper powder

Method: Slice the avocado and tomato. Mix all the ingredients. If you like , you can mix one tsp. of olive oil.

Sprout salad:


Ingredients:
sprouts 1/2 cup
carrot 1/2 ( If you are using baby carrots, then you can put 4-5 pieces)
tomato 1
cucumber 1
salt to taste
lime juice 1 tsp.
pepper powder one pinch
 Method: Cut the carrot, tomato, cucumber into small pieces. Mix all the ingredients well.

Carrot-Beet Salad:
 Though the taste is very, very bad, still I eat this salad, just because it is healthy. In the middle of my lunch, sometimes I feel like throwing the plate. However, that very moment I tell myself to eat it, to get a good health.
Ingredients:
Carrot 1/2
Beet 1/2
Cucumber 1
Tomato 1
Sprout 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Pepper powder 1/4 tsp.

Method: Cut carrot, beet cucumber, tomato into small pieces and mix all the ingredients. You can mix one tsp. olive oil also.

Onion-sprout salad:


This is my most favourite salad.

Ingredients:
Cucumber 1
avocado 1
chopped onion 1 tbsp.
sprout 1/2 cup
salt to taste
 lime juice 1 tsp.
pepper powder one pich.

Method:  Cut cucumber, avocado into small pieces. Mix all the ingerdients well.

Hope by these recipes I can help my friend who are trying reduce fat and try to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment