Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Zucchini potato curry

I had no idea about zucchini, before I came to USA.  First, when I saw it in markets, a desire came into my mind to cook that. However, I had no idea how to cook it. One day I wanted to buy zucchini, my husband didn’t object. He told me that the vegetable had some similarity with an Indian vegetable which was common to us. I cooked zucchini in an Indian style, but the taste was not to our expectation. My husband doesn’t like the taste of zucchini at all. So, I stopped cooking it. One day I came to know from a TV program that, this cylindrical-shaped small green vegetable is a good antioxidant. Out of curiosity I searched on the Internet about it. I found some amazing facts about it.
Zucchini

 The vegetable is not only an antioxidant, but also, a good source of vitamin C. Apart from that, it is rich of many minerals, and can provide protection against cardiovascular disease. It is good for people who are on diet, because it contains 95% water. It also helps to control cholesterol. I tried to cook it in many ways, because of it food-value.

 However, I never got a good taste of the curry. One day I thought to cook zucchini and potato with garlic. Though it was a very simple curry, the taste was really good. Moreover, it is very easy to cook. From that day I’ve started cooking zucchini. Even my husband also likes the curry. So, I want to share the recipe with you.
Ingredients:
Zucchini 2-3
Potato 1 large or 2 medium sized
Garlic 3 cloves
Tomato ½
Turmeric powder ½ tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tsp.
Method:
Cut the potato (es) into cube and half-boiled them in microwave oven or in a pan. Cut the zucchinis into cube. Smash the garlic cloves. Cut the tomato into small pieces. Heat oil in a pan and put the smashed garlic. When the fine aroma comes up put the zucchini and sauté. Then put the boiled potato with the water in it. Bring it to boil. If you need, put another cup of water. Put tomato, salt and turmeric powder. When all the ingredients become soft and the water content of the curry becomes half, put off the flame. Serve it with rice.

2 comments:

  1. seems really yummy.. i will try for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know why its coming as unknown, its me only, Archu...

    ReplyDelete