Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tofu Curry


Tofu Curry (Thai Style)
Few days ago my husband suggested that we eat out with my parents.  I suggested having Thai food. He told me name of two restaurants. He also told that he already ate at one of them. After much discussion we decided to go to that restaurant where he already had. Anyway, mu parents told that they didn’t want have any non-vegetarian item. We ordered Thai tofu curry for them. That curry was so tasty that not only my parents, we also enjoyed a lot. I was inspired that, while coming back home I bought tofu, to cook. However, I forgot to buy coconut milk. So, one morning, when I decided to cook, I thought to use coconut powder instead of coconut milk. To get the texture of coconut milk I made a fine paste of coconut powder with milk. I changed the original version of the recipe, which I found in the Internet. So, I couldn’t tell it Thai tofu curry, rather I liked to call it as Tofu Curry in Thai Style. My parents found the curry very delicious when they had it at lunch.

Ingredients:
Wheat flour 4tbsp.
Rice flour 4tbsp.
Black pepper powder ¼ tsp.
Mushrooms 6-7
Capsicum 1
Tomato 1
Onion I medium size
Coconut milk ½ can (I didn’t have coconut milk. I made a paste of coconut powder with milk.)
Tofu 1 packet
Soy sauce 2 tbsp.
Tomato sauce 3 tbsp.
Ginger paste 1 tsp.
Curry powder 2 tsp. (I didn’t know about Thai curry powder, so I used Indian curry powder.)
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

Method:
Drain the tofu and cut into cubes. Mix the flour, rice flour with salt and black pepper powder. Thinly coat the tofu cubes with the mixture and deep fry them. Finely slice the onion, capsicum, tomato and mushrooms. Heat one tablespoon of oil slightly fry the onion slices. Then put the sliced mushrooms, ginger paste and curry powder and fry in a low heat until mushroom and onion becomes tender. Then add the coconut paste and put 1 cup of water and salt. Add 2 tablespoon of soy sauce. When it starts boiling add the capsicum slices. When capsicum slices become tender, add the fried tofu cubes and spring onion slices. Boil until spring onion becomes tender.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - ARCHU..

    ReplyDelete