Thursday, September 8, 2011

Potato with mustard and sesame

Last year I went to visit with one of my friends and to stay for a few days.  One day while she was preparing the dinner and chatting with me she told me one of the famous Bengali dishes of potatoes with poppy seeds but in a very different way. Her recipe was very easy to cook with little effort and at the same time very tasty. After that I prepared the same dish for many times in her method.  Few days back I changed a little bit of her recipe. Instead of using poppy seeds I used mustard and sesame. In the morning I was in a hurry to pack up the lunch for my husband. I quickly prepared the same dish. After coming back from office he mentioned that the curry was very tasty and delicious.
Now I’m sharing my recipe with you.
Ingredients:
2-3 medium sized potatoes
1 tsp. mustard seeds
1 and ½ tsp. sesame seeds
1 and ½ tsp. oil
½ tsp. turmeric powder
1 green chili
1 tomato
2-3 clove of garlic
Salt to taste
Method:
Cut the potatoes into small cube and boil them in water in microwave oven for ten minutes. Make a paste of mustard and sesame seeds. Smash the garlic cloves. Heat the oil in a pan and put the garlic paste. Put the boiled potatoes in it. Cut a tomato and put in it. After sometime put salt, turmeric powder, the paste, and the silted chili into the curry. Add little water and cook in medium heat. Let it simmer to reduce the water for sometimes. Serve hot with roti.

3 comments:

  1. aha shunei bhalo lagche. chobi dekhte pele lobh e morei jetam hayto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksssssssssssssssssssss a lottttttttttt dear-archu

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually chhobi tule cilam.. but i don't know where i saved that.. i tried to findwith no result.. :(.. next time banale . i'll upload a photo..

    ReplyDelete