Saturday, September 3, 2011

Omelet with little difference

A tasty snack after a tiring day at office always brings smile on my husband’s face. He always prefers to have non-vegetarian food. When I’m in good mood, feel like a free bird I try to make something special for him. Some days ago I was feeling the same in the evening. So, I thought to cook something special for him in the evening. Egg is the only thing which can be cooked easily. I thought to cook an omelet, but, a small omelet was not enough for a hungry person. My mood was too good that day to cook anything for him. I wanted to see a smile of satisfaction in his face. So, I thought to make the omelet in a bigger size. However, how could I make a big omelet with one egg? Then I thought to mix besan (Gram flour), chopped tomato, chopped onion, and chopped spinach with the egg batter. His face brightened when I served the dish with cucumber-salad to him. My effort gave me good result.

Ingredients:
One egg
3 tbsp. Besan
2 tbsp. finely chopped spinach
I tbsp. finely chopped tomato
A pinch of red chili powder
2 tbsp. oil (I used olive oil)
Salt to taste
Make a fine batter by mixing all the ingredients. If the batter is too thick add some milk to make the batter thin. Heat oil in a skillet, add the batter evenly in the skillet, simmer, and cover it. After few minutes when the batter becomes fluffy on the top flip the other side. Cook for few minutes.
For salad:
I made a simple salad with cucumber.
Method:
Cut the cucumber into thin slices. Arrange the slices on a side of the serving plate, and sprinkle salt and ground black pepper over them.

4 comments:

  1. eta amaro bhishon priyo. tabe amra atta die banai. besan die akbar try korbo.darun hoeche krishna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eta banano dekhchi khub i easy...ekdin banate hobe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too good, i will also start trying tis recipe for my hubby!!

    ReplyDelete