Monday, September 26, 2011

Besan Cake

Besan cake (Bengal gram flour cake):
One day I was browsing the Internet to find a recipe for cake which I could bake in microwave oven. I found numerous recipes and methods of cakes which could be baked in microwave oven. Anyway, after trying hand in baking cake in microwave, I was thinking to bake something else apart from cake in microwave. One fine morning suddenly it came into my mind to bake a cake with besan. With besan I wanted to bake something spicy. I added chili-powder, cumin-powder and salt in the beasn- batter. After baking it in the microwave, when I tasted the cake, it was really tasty. Then only I decided to bake the same thing with little extra things for my hubby. That day we went to market after his office and we came back home after 8 in the evening. Though he was extremely hungry, he insisted me not cook anything. I asked him to wait and watch. Then I baked this cake with many more ingredients. I liked that taste, but he wanted something extra. So, he cut the cake into pieces and fried the pieces a little. Then the taste of the cake became really yummy.

Now I want to share the recipe with you.
Ingredients:
3 tbsp. besan of Bengal gram flour
1 egg
1 tbsp. shopped onion
I tsp. chopped coriander leaves
Pinch of chili powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp. oil divided
½ tsp. nigella seeds
Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan. When the oil becomes hot, add nigella seeds into it. Fry chopped onion for few minutes. Then mix everything except the one tbsp. oil. Whip all ingredients to make a fine batter. Add water as required. Then oil a microwave oven proof bowl and add the batter, cook for 2 minutes. Then check whether the cake in ready or not. If require cook for few more seconds. If you want, then cut the cake into pieces and fry for 1-2 minutes in 1 tbsp. oil. Otherwise, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and tomato slices.




3 comments:

  1. bah darun to. anjum anand ke dekhechilam suji die amon banate. tomar idea ta sotti bhalo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too good...keep trying more like this dear...-Archu

    ReplyDelete
  3. obhinobo idea.. khete ki khanikta dhokla'r moto hoyechhilo??----------debjani

    ReplyDelete